Saturday, August 17, 2019

Why The 2019 Red Sox Stink - in Two Words






I am trying my best to avoid discussing politics.  It’s too polarizing and you can’t change my mind and I can’t alter yours.

I’m also attempting not to discuss sports figures or teams for the same reasons. 

So Dear Reader, there will be no comments herein about Donald Trump or Elizabeth Warren.

I’m breaking my rule about sports however and I will tell you in two words what’s wrong with the third place Boston Red Sox in 2019.

Alex Cora.

Look, Cora is a nice guy.  I rooted for him when he played with the Red Sox from 2005 through 2008. Alex was an eleven season player in the big leagues, though he was only a utility player.  Utility players seldom last even close to that long unless they are pretty good.

As a manager however, Jose Alexander Cora, is a failure!  How can I say that after his team won the 2018 World Series?  I can make this claim because I said it last year too.

Every move Cora made in 2018 went right even if it was wrong. Cora almost single handedly lost the World Series by using Kardiac Kimbrell as the closer.  By September it was obvious even to a caveman that my grandmother could blast a home run off of The Vulture, so named for his bird-like posing before tossing marshmallows to hitters. 


'The Vulture' in his iconic bird-like pose designed to baffle hitters.




Moving on to this year.  We all knew within a week of Spring Training that Cora had damaged the pitching staff. The reason the Sox are barely a five hundred club is that Cora has stayed with starting pitching for far too long, far too many times. 


Take your starter out when he gives up five runs or more! Cora failed to go to the bullpen, even though it could not have been worse (and was not worse) than the starting rotation. 


One other obvious fault of Cora is FAILING TO USE, B. Wyatt Holt. Like his wild west namesake, B. Wyatt is fast on the draw quick to field, can play anywhere and oh by the way is hitting well over 300.


 Wyatt Earp




 WHY IS HE NOT PLAYING MORE? As of this date ‘NOONIE’ has more at bats than Brock! 


Sandy Leon, who weighs 225 and hits 190, has only 16 less!


 Brock is eleventh on the team in at bats....yet is second only to Raffy Devers in batting average (of players with 100 or more at bats.) 



B. Wyatt Holt - All Star Player who rarely gets to play




Nuff Ced.




-0-

Thanks for reading.  My books are on Amazon, Apple, Smashwords, Barnes and Noble, Kobo and many more sites world-wide.  One of my most popular e-books is Ghosts of Cape Cod.  It’s a 99 cent read on Kindle.  Click the link: https://www.amazon.com/Ghosts-Cape-Cod-Bill-Russo-ebook/dp/B01BL1TP7U




No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers