Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Help! Russians Are Reading My Blog



By Bill Russo
author on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Smashwords, and others





Help! The Russians are reading my blog – Adventures in Type and Space. Who’s reading your social media posts? 

When I checked the national origin of viewers to my blog, (which comes from Florida or Cape Cod depending on the season) I was shocked to find that over 20 percent of my readers are from Russia, the Ukraine, South Korea and France.



Over the last day and a half I’ve had 186 page views and only 77 per cent of them (144) were from people in the United States.  Russia and the Ukraine combined for 27 views (14 and 13 respectively), or 15 per cent of my total circulation.

Nine page views came from South Korea, and eight from France.  There were a few nations with one or two views.

I don’t know what to make of this.  I don’t believe anyone in Europe has any reason to have a problem with me, so they must be fans!

I have no axe to grind with Russia.  The U.S. has never had a war with Russia.  The nation was our ally in both World War One and World War II.  The contributions of the Russian armed forces in the defeat of Hitler cannot be discounted.

As for the Ukraine, I have the greatest respect for the country and especially for the brothers Klitschko, Vladimir and Vitali who not only have been great boxing champs, but also strong political figures.  Vitali is the current mayor of Kiev – a city of some three million people and the capital of the country.
Doctor Vladimir Klitschko.
Both Vladimir and Vitali have
PHD degrees in Sports Science



‘Adventures in Type and Space’ is hosted by Google which supplies its bloggers with generous amounts of information.  One of my favorite reports tells me which operating systems are being used to access my articles.

In a little under two days, I had 253 blog readers and Windows was by far the most popular choice, generating 60 percent (154) of the page views.


Linux was next with 59 views, 22 percent.

In third place were the tablets powered by Android, accounting for 18 views or seven percent.

Apple Macintosh took fourth position with 12 views, and 5 percent.

iPhone generated five page views, three per cent.

Various others had 1 or 2 page views, totalling 5 views and three percent of my total reach.

Another interesting stat is the Browser Report. Of the last 260 readers of Adventures in Type and Space, Chrome was the clear leader, capturing a whopping 85 per cent of the traffic.


Far back in second place with a tiny six per cent was Internet Explorer which squeaked by Firefox which managed only 3 per cent and Safari which netted barely two per cent.  All other browsers combined tallied four per cent.

What all of the above means, I think, is that the people who read my articles, books, and stories, are in the upper age brackets.  I think if the readers were younger, the page views would have been made mostly by Smart phones and Tablets. 


Well whoever you are reading this, I don't care if you are from Madawaska in Maine, Nizhny Novgorod in Russia, Key West in FLA, or in Sicily getting kicked by the 'boot'.  I don’t care if you are 17, 71, or 103.  

I'm just happy that you're here. Thanks for the views.  Please keep on reading.  I guarantee that as long as my fingers can push on the keys, I will keep on typing. 



Hard at work at the 'City Desk' 
Back in the Days of Hot Type
and Cold, Hard News

-0-


 Read my most popular book
 Whiz Bang City - the Last Wild West Town
for FREE only on Smashwords.  https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/695784
The book has not yet been given to Apple, Barnes & Noble, Amazon and such, but is scheduled to be released in the autumn.  Read this five star rated tale now, while it's still free.




 -0-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers