Saturday, August 17, 2019

Busking on Boston Common



Busking on Boston Common
by Bill Russo



An ode to the way it was in early 1960s Boston.
Dylan, Baez and others railed against the bureaucrat.
Music filled the city but the only money they ever got
was whatever coin or two was put in a passed hat!


-0-




So we left the dorm to make a buck,
   doin’ a few tunes on Boston Common.
   I was on Uke with Harp added for luck
 and on fiddle was my cousin Norman







    We played the Dees - Donovan and Dylan.
   And course Johnny Cash – I walk the line.
  Even to do an Elvis or two, we was willin’.
And I’ll tell you the truth we sounded fine







But all they wanted was speed metal and rap
 Still, I took my hat and passed it down the line
 When it came back all empty, I said ”Oh crap.”
      “They even took the buck I put in to salt the mine”





      
-0-

Bill Russo is a retired broadcaster and journalist 
living on Cape Cod in summer and Florida in winter
He can be seen on Amazon Prime in
The Bridgewater Triangle Documentary
and is the subject of The Lore Podcast,
In The Woods - Episode 7,
Season One of Lore

He is the author of the Jimmy Catfish Series
Read both books in one volume. Click here
https://www.amazon.com/Jimmy-Catfish-Beginning-Bill-Russo-ebook/dp/B00XH8XY9Q

The secluded lake on lower Cape Cod, off the coast of Massachusetts, that inspired 'Jimmy Catfish'

-0-


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers