Monday, August 13, 2018

Dealing with Apples, Kindle, Facebook and other Modern 'Inconveniences'



Dealing with Apple, Kindle, Facebook, and other modern 'inconveniences'

by Bill Russo




I am old school.

This often makes interaction with the modern world somewhat difficult.

I am so traditional that I still think people are talking about fruit when they discuss their ‘Apples’.



I still ‘Kindle’ the blaze in my fireplace with real wood. I don’t own a gas log, a paper log, or even a corn log. I do like a good corn dog.

I am pretty sure an 'eye pad' is something women use while applying their eye liner.

Facebook? That’s easy. I know what that is. Police have been using it for decades. It’s a big book full of pictures of criminals that police show to victims. “Is this the guy?”, they ask.

Change? Sometimes it is good.

I sure would not want to give up my microwave oven, washing machine, television, cell phone, or four wheel drive SUV. 

My Dad’s car started with a crank. His father’s car was a horse.

I don’t want to turn the clock back - I just wish it would go a little slower.

Here's a Modern Product 

Everyone Will Love



There’s one recently developed product that I find excellent and very useful. I am going to share it with you.

It’s milk. Yup. M-I-L-K.

But it’s not the old kind of milk. This milk is a product you do not have to refrigerate. You have probably seen it in the supermarket and walked right by it. There are several brands but the one stocked in most stores in my area is called “Parmalat”.


It comes in a one quart size in a special package that DOES NOT HAVE TO BE KEPT IN THE REFRIGERATOR! It is perfect for those times when you lose electricity.

Some families affected by severe windstorms as well as hurricanes lose power for several days. Once in a while people go without electrical power for a week or more.  In cases such as these, anyone having a supply of Parmalat is able to have fresh milk every day. 

I usually buy five or six quarts at a time and put two or three in the fridge and leave the rest in the pantry.

How about shelf life? The Parmalat that I bought in August 2018 had a ‘use by’ date of May, 2019.

It makes this milk perfect for people travelling. It's ideal for emergency use during hurricanes or other storms. Fabulous for camping, tenting, and use in Rvs.

It's real milk that has been processed at a much higher temperature than regular milk.  The extreme heat greatly extends the shelf life of the product and allows it to be stored for months at room temperature. Once opened, it needs to be refrigerated and used within a week.  

Often ‘Parmalat’ and other brands such as ‘Gossner’ are available at the Dollar Tree Stores. The price of one buck is half what the market charges. Either way the specially packaged milk that you can store anywhere, is a great bargain.

Sometimes, as in the case of milk, progress is a wonderful thing. Not so much with cell phones

The only way they are ever going to make a ‘drop’ proof cell phone is; if it comes with strings and you tie it to your hand. That way you will still lose calls, but at least you won’t be able to drop the phone.

If cars functioned as poorly as cell phones, we would all be driving my grandfather’s ride - you may recall , that was a horse!

-0-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers