Wednesday, March 20, 2019

The Worst Birthday Present in History!

by Bill Russo



Has any guy actually ever done this?  If so, I suspect that he quickly became "Mister-Ex!"


Have you saved any of your old writings or drawings?  From my stack of crumbling, yellowed papers I found this old cartoon that I first drew in 1970 or so.  In this updated 2019 version, I kept the same dialogue but drew the people as older.  

To my young mind many years ago this concept seemed funny and I could imagine doing it - giving a gift of an empty box - but today I feel that no one would be so callous as the old boy in the drawing.  

The exception would be, of course, if he did the empty box bit as the warm-up to the real gift - a new car perhaps.  It would have to be something pretty big to soothe the sting the lady got from receiving an empty box for her birthday!

-0-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers