Sunday, October 12, 2014

The Creature from the Bridgewater Triangle


A few years ago I decided to relate the strange tale of an eerie late night walk with my Dog Samantha. A scary, hairy swamp creature called us over for a chat - or maybe we were on his midnight snack menu.

My blog was read by movie producers Aaron Cadieux and Manny Famolare.  They interviewed me and featured me in their hit documentary, "The Bridgewater Triangle".  An abbreviated version of the film will be shown Friday, November 28 at ten p.m. on the Destination America Channel.  Visit the Bridgewater Triangle Website to purchase the DVD.

I was also interviewed and featured in a segment of Monsters and Mysteries in America, Season two, Episode 2, "Puckwudgies".

In late 2014, after my blog had been read thousands of times, I decided to publish my account on Amazon Kindle.  The resulting book is called "The Creature from the Bridgewater Triangle, and other stories from 'Old' New England."  You can buy it in the Kindle store for just $2.99

There are ten additional chapters besides the Creature section.  I hope you will read it and consider reviewing it.   The reviews of the movie, and my segment have been very positive.  Here's an excerpt from the New England Folklore Blog,  by Peter Muise,

"For me, the creepiest part of the movie was the interview with Bill Russo, which is either a great report of a paranormal encounter or a fantastic campfire story.

In 1990 Russo lived in Raynham and worked the late shift. One night after midnight he took his dog for a walk near some high-tension power lines. As he walked through the deserted area he heard a high-pitched voice wailing the following words:

"Ee wah chu. Ee wah chu. Keer. Keer."

A strange creature stepped into the light cast by a streetlight. It was about three feet high, covered in brown hair, potbellied, and seemed to be old. It continued to cry out "Ee wah chu. Ee wah chu. Keer. Keer" and beckoned to Russo with one hand. It wanted him to join it."


Thanks for reading and please visit my Author's Page on Kindle for some biographical information.  

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome, Bill!! But I don't have a Kindle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Kyle,

      I swore I would never get one, but I spotted a used for very small money on Ebay, so I figured I would try it and now I am hooked. I still love real books, but the Kindle's convenience has forced me to give it some of my reading time.

      Delete

Blog Archive

Followers