Monday, October 13, 2014

Free Kindle for PC

By Bill Russo

I was one of the millions who vowed never to own a Kindle.  But I did like the idea of the convenience of one.   I also liked the concept of being able to have free access to thousands of classics from Arthur Conan Doyle to Shakespeare.

So I cheated.

I took advantage of Google's offer to put a free Kindle app on my PC.  I quickly found some blazing Westerns from authors like Zane Grey and Max Brand.  I followed those up with some Sherlock Holmes.  All free.

I was hooked.  I still loved my real books.  But I had room in my heart for a little Kindle reading as well. I truly liked the Kindle app for my computer, but after a time, I did feel the need of actually buying a Kindle.

So, it was off  to the Barnes and Noble store to try their version of an Ebook reader.  It seemed too much like a 'wannabe' mini PC so I did not buy one.

Cruising through E Bay, I spotted a Kindle Fire in good shape for $20.00.  I bought it and truthfully I love it.

On a normal day, I still have two or three 'real' books that in progress, switching back and forth on whims; but now the mix also includes a couple E books as well.

Kindle has some sort of a Whispersync feature that keeps track of your last page read and co- ordinates your books between your PC, Android, and Kindle.
It works fine if you only read one book at a time (and I guess that does cover most people) but not so good if you are trying to ready four or five simultaneously!!!!!!!!


p.s.  I have been in two of the scariest places in the world: The Bridgewater Triangle and Bisbee, Arizona.  Each has a chapter in my Kindle Book - The Creature from the Bridgewater Triangle.  It's just $2.99 in the Kindle Store.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers