Friday, September 13, 2019

There's No Secret to Success - it is an Ore


by Bill Russo

Amazon Author of Jimmy Catfish, the Creature From the Bridgewater Triangle, 
Ghosts of Cape Cod, Swamp Tales and more. https://www.amazon.com/Ghosts-Cape-Cod-Bill-Russo-ebook/dp/B01BL1TP7U


I'm pretty sure that we've all had at least one great idea in our lifetime. Many years ago when I had an interest in a pizza shop as well as a video store - I had the idea to deliver pizzas and movies.

I talked about the idea with my business partner, my wife, and many of the customers.  I talked about it and talked about it and never took action.

A few years later an upstart company called Domino's Pizza began delivering pizzas and my little video store was being crushed by a carnivorous chain called 'Blockbuster Video'. 

If I had stopped talking about my idea and put it into operation,  you might be having Russo's Pizza tonight instead of Domino's.

I got to thinking about it this morning and realized that inspiration, or an idea, is the easy part.  

I summed up my thoughts in the picture below.  



Most people have one or the other. Those who have used both, have names like Jeff Bezos, Bill Gates, 
Warren Buffet, and Mark Zuckerberg.

-0-

1 comment:

  1. What great idea did you have that you let sit in a back corner of your mind while somebody else put it into action?


    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Followers