Sunday, December 5, 2021

The Keys to Life

Waking up at 4:30 on a Sunday morning in early December 2021, a poem came to me, and I couldn't go back to sleep until I wrote it down.  For better or worse, here it is.....................



"The keys to life. I’ll tell you what they are
88 in number, and eight to a bar.
On three sturdy legs they make a stand.
Brought to life by a five-finger hand
The keys can be sadder than a lonely night
and make you feel like you lost your last fight.
Or they can repair anything that is wrong
And break you out into a happy song
The keys are there for anyone to use
For hip hop, rap, rock or the blues.
The keys are there to make a song
Make it good and they’ll sing along.
The keys to life, I’ll tell you what they are
88 in number, and eight to a bar.
On three sturdy legs they make their stand
Brought to life by a five-finger hand."


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers