Friday, January 1, 2016

Make Your Own Cartoons. For Free!

by Bill Russo

I recently discovered a few free websites that help you make your own cartoon strips.

Here's one I made at MakeBeliefsComix.com........


The site is easy to use and has a wealth of easily used images and graphic tools.  There are resources for everyone, including special articles, books, and programs for educators.  A number of free books are also available including one in which you put your own caption to a pre-drawn cartoon.

You merely have to think of something for the cartoon character to say and then type it into an empty speech bubble. Here's what I came up with for a cartoon depicting a coffee shop with a bored waitress serving coffee to a man seated next to a bug-eyed alien...


Another good site is https://www.bitstrips.com/create/comic/   although you are unable to save

your work and post it on your own - people can see your work

only through the website.

MakeBeliefsComix.com does not save any work on its site.  You get to save your own work and treat it as a regular photo.

I hope you enjoyed my cartoons.  Please let me know if you did and if you'd like to share your cartoon strip, I would like to see it.

Good Luck and Happy Cartooning. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers