Saturday, December 6, 2014

I put up Blackout Curtains so that I Won't Know if it's Raining

by Bill Russo

Some rambling early December thoughts..........

I am enjoying watching the NFL Powerhouses; the  Patriots, Broncos, Packers, Eagles & Colts, but can't help wistfully thinking:  It's only about 10 weeks till pitchers and catchers go to Florida for baseball's Spring training.

You know how it is when you DVR a big game and you hope nobody tells you who won until you have had a chance to watch it?  That's how it was with me today concerning the rain.  I had put up blackout curtains so that I would not know what was happening outside.  Then somebody called me and said, "How do you like the rain?"

Devastation flattened me until I realized that it was December 6th in New England and it is raining!  Beautiful rain.  Fabulous rain.  Rainy rain.  It's rain instead of SNOW ! ! ! ! !   Yah man ! ! ! ! !

Postscript: I watched an episode of the Dick Cavett show from the 1960s with Groucho Marx.  In his long,witty, and offbeat monlogue, I was amazed to note that between the jokes, Groucho was making some interesting political observations.

Here's one of Groucho's quotes that I found amusing:

"As soon as people get rich, they become Republicans."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers