Thursday, April 16, 2015

Jimmy Catfish Comes out of the Swamp on June 1, 2015

by Bill  Russo


'Jimmy Catfish - The Beginning and the End', is my new 50,000 word novel coming in paperback and Kindle in June.
The tale starts on the high seas in the 1950s with the adventures of Cisco da Silva, the Captain of the last three-masted sailing ship in America. 
The action moves to Cape Cod, and eerie Codfresh Lake; the birthplace of the strange boy people call 'Catfish'.
I took this picture for the book cover at a hidden Kettle Pond as far away from Route Six (the main road on Cape Cod) as it's possible to get. Sitting on that fallen log that time has worn smooth, I could almost see Jimmy Catfish rising from the water. In my mind I heard a strange noise. Almost musical, it was like the sound of a finger running up and down the teeth of a comb. It was the voice of Jimmy Catfish telling his sad story.
The book is a prequel to my short story about the unfortunate Jimmy Catfish, featured in Swamp Tales, my little book of stories that is sold in Kindle's short reads section.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers